All Subtasks will provide material for common Task products and the agreed collaborations between subtasks, mainly inputs from ST B, ST C, ST D to ST A and inputs from ST A, ST B, ST C to ST D. The main results of this Task shall be:
Subtask A: Low Carbon Lighting and Passive Solar: Scenarios, Strategies, Roadmaps
- Survey on data sources, methods and regulations
- Catalog of scenarios
- Simple tool to rate LCA / GWP
- Design guideline
- Report “Low Carbon Lighting: Scenarios, Strategies and Roadmaps” with chapters from the projects A.1-A.4 each
Subtask B: Visual and non-visual requirements
- Proposal for improved glare prediction
- Proposal for improved rating system finished
- A roadmap for the design of daylighting and electric light in the neighborhood context
- Literature study as a journal article finished
- Recommendations for measurement and assessment methods of nonvisual effects
- Collective report from Subtask B with chapters from single work items B.1 to B.5. Information material collected in B.4 in a suitable format (report or short video).
Subtask C: Design support for practitioners (Tools, Standards, Guidelines)
- Analysis of digitalization needs
- Novel control concepts analyzed by means of SWOT analysis
- BIM workflows analysed and end-to-end parameter workflow specified
- Sources of available and missing data for (day-)lighting systems for BIM integration documented.
- State-of-the-art of lighting simulation methods for non-visual quality criteria for integrative lighting solutions summarized
- Potentials of VR for lighting design investigated and documented
- Refactoring of Radiance core tools implemented
- Roadmap for holistic LCA assessment in lighting design tools
- Collective report from Subtask C with chapters from single work items C.1 to C.4.
- White paper on current state-of-the-art lighting simulation software tools
- for visual and non-visual performance evaluation.
Subtask D: Lab and field study performance tracking
- Documented evaluation procedure(s) for the case studies
- Documented case studies and lessons learned
- Report on minimum requirements for energy and daylight in existing standards with regard to the impact of densification on visual comfort and well-being
- Guideline on sufficient urban and building design and operation measures
- Information material about the impacts of densification in a suitable format (report or short video)
- A report about applications and case studies: “Low carbon daylighting and lighting solutions: practical applications”
- Information campaign for and with representative entities of sunbelt countries.